How Does It Work?
Dr. Gelhot provides a screening process that
uses revolutionary new diagnostic tools that can actually help make you stroke- and heart attack-proof.
The "revolutionary" part is that through a new type of scan coupled with a profile of your genes, it shows you what your blood vessels look like inside, and what your own future may hold regarding heart attack, stroke, and even burst blood vessels. Learn your own personal risks, including any silent ones.
A personalized treatment program will target your exact issues in order to address your risks.
With these new tools, you can actually prevent a heart attack or stroke from happening. This is because we know you can stop and even reverse issues such as the development of soft plaque in your arteries -- even if it's already in progress -- and even if traditional tests have as yet shown no signs of disease.
(Just as an example, based on data from the American Heart Association, 50 percent of people who come to an emergency room with a heart attack have normal cholesterol readings.)
The build-up of plaque in your arteries can cause heart attacks and strokes. New diagnostic tools can determine whether you are at risk, and can actually stop and even reverse plaque development.
This doctor, Dr. Helen Gelhot, is extremely thorough in the consultation and examination and really listens to the patients' concerns. The advanced laboratory testing shows any potential problems and steps are taken to prevent future problems. With her recommendations, my health has improved dramatically. ~J.G., New Mexico
What Does The Screening Involve?
The screening takes about 20 minutes if we already have your patient history; slightly longer if not. Here's what will happen during your screening:
- Dr. Gelhot will review your history, examine you briefly, and consult with you.
- A technician will administer a new type of scan called Carotid Intima-Media Testing (C-IMT). C-IMT is a non-invasive, pain-free ultrasound test that measures plaque on the walls of your neck arteries.
- A technician will collect a small amount of blood to evaluate the three "markers" that show your specific risks or lack of risks. These three items reveal your personal cardiac fingerprint:
- Specific genetic markers (to observe genes that help determine your unique risk of a stroke or heart attack)
- Advanced inflammatory markers (to detect the presence of inflammation in your arteries)
- Advanced lipid markers (to measure levels of five types of cholesterol in your bloodstream, instead of only three, which traditional tests measure)
- Dr. Gelhot then develops an individually tailored treatment plan designed for you personally to keep you free of heart attacks and strokes -- for life. Your plan may include medication, supplements, diet or exercise along with appropriate monitoring. It is created specifically for the unique individual who is you.
How Much Does It Cost?